The Metro Denver Economic Development Corp. honors new executives and companies to the region
On Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2018 the Metro Denver Economic Development Corp., Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, and Colorado Rockies Owner, Dick Monfort welcomed 11 companies and executives to the region. This event honors companies that have newly relocated to or expanded in the region. Check out photos of the event here.
|J. J. Ament, CEO of the Metro Denver EDC||Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper||Dick Monfort, Owner of the Colorado Rockies||Greg Densen, CEO of Sherman & Howard|
New companies recognized represent an addition of more than 1,500 primary jobs. Each company and executive received a special welcome gift, a Colorado flag flown over the capitol, and a photo op with Gov. Hickenlooper.
Companies recognized were:
- Conga: Bob DeSantis, Chief Operating Officer and Mark Bales, Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer
- Funding Circle USA: Bernardo Martinez, U.S. Managing Director and Conor French, General Counsel
- Independent Bank: Peggy Smolen, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications and Brian Hobart, Chief Lending Officer
- Mutual of Omaha: Joe Gerard, Managing Director
- Strava: Michael Chambliss, Director of Product Engineering
- Transamerica: Frank Sottosanti, Chief Marketing Officer; Julie Tschida Brown, Chief People Officer; Laura Scully, Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer; Doug Caldwell, Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Officer
- Xactly Corporation: Ron Rasmussen, Chief Technology and Product Officer and Elizabeth Salomon, Chief Financial Officer
We also acknowledged new executives leading our major employers here in the region:
- Encana: Greg Givens, Vice President and General Manager, Southern Operations
- SCL Health: Lydia Jumonville, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Trimble: Rob Painter, Chief Financial Officer
- Xcel Energy: Alice Jackson, Chief Executive Officer
Members of the Metro Denver EDC's Executive Committee and our local economic development partners joined Presenting Sponsor Sherman & Howard and Gold Sponsors Lockton and PNC Bank to celebrate the impact that the recognized companies and executives have on Colorado’s economic success. See the full photo album here.