The Metro Denver EDC is hiring!
Join our team as we work to make life and business in Metro Denver even better. If you want to connect with Denver’s top leaders, help market our region, and create an economy that works for everyone, check this out.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF INVESTOR RELATIONS
Department: Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
Location: Denver, CO
Reports to: Cayti Stein, Director, Investor Relations & J.J. Ament, CEO
Hours: 40.00 per week
Salar: $70,000-$75,000 plus possible bonus
The Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation (Metro Denver EDC), an affiliate of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, is the nation’s first regional economic development entity. Privately funded and governed by 250 of Colorado’s most engaged companies, the Metro Denver EDC works collaboratively with area economic development groups, government, and the private sector to represent, and further, the economic vitality of the entire region. Our partners include 70 cities, counties, and economic development organizations in the 9 county Metro Denver and Northern Colorado region. Metro Denver EDC serves as a leader in economic development and promotes a cohesive brand that encourages job creation and capital investment in the areas we serve and throughout Colorado.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for attracting new investors, investor retention, and raising sponsorship dollars for events.
Primary contact for existing and potential high-level (12,500+) investors and responsible for:
• Recruiting new investors and retaining existing investors.
• Executing annual strategy and implementation plan for investor recruitment and retention in conjunction with Director of Investor Relations.
• Key liaison between senior leadership and key investors.
• Lead implementation for Denver Metro Chamber, Metro Denver EDC and Leadership Foundation investor recruitment strategy.
• Manage investor programs including sponsorships for all Metro Denver EDC events.
• In collaboration with Investor Relations Associate, monitor investor representation on Metro Denver EDC Executive Committee, and Board of Governors to maximize investor engagement.
• Provide on-going, communication with investors through one-on-one meetings, telephone conversations, investor briefings, and communication materials (printed and electronic).
• Retain existing investors and manage investor involvement through personalized service.
• Engage Chamber/Metro Denver EDC/ Leadership Foundation leadership and staff in recruitment and retention efforts.
Responsible for Investor Relations Communcations and Database Management
• Assists staff in public speaking engagements whenever necessary to market the Metro Denver EDC to the community and its partners.
• Develops power point presentations.
• Speaks at public events throughout the year about economic development projects and investor engagement opportunities.
• In conjunction with Investor Relations Associate, manages and maintains investor database with the most current investor information, including primary and secondary contacts, and addresses.
Responsible for Investor Revenue Management
• Maintains detailed investor financials showing status of accounts receivable, and investor retention.
• Oversees investor billing, managing statements, and invoices.
• Coordinates with Director of Investor Relations on budgeting and accounting of investor revenues.
Assits staff as needed. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated track record in sales and customer relations in a non-profit or business setting with a minimum of 7 years of experience with an emphasis in investor development, retention and fundraising or direct business experience, preferably in sales and customer service.
SKILLS: Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills, strong business writing skills, thorough knowledge of MS Office software, including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with customer databases such as Salesforce, Dynamics 365.
Ability to develop relationships and inspire confidence, trust and respect from internal and external contacts, as well as maintaining a dialogue and open communications with them. Ability to convey information via highly discreet, trustworthy interactions internally and externally. Must exhibit excellent judgment regarding people and information.
- Ability to speak knowledgeably on economic development, public policy, and community issues. Excellent communication skills to include public speaking.
- Adept and confident in making cold-calls.
- Familiarity with working in a non-profit setting and experience working in the Metro Denver and Northern Colorado business community preferred.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to operate independently and proactively.
- Has a proven track record of closing deals and demonstrates the ability to facilitate professional relations and connect investors.
- Good command of the English language; sense of urgency; attention to detail and quality; excellent task follow through; ability to prioritize; dependability.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computer, fax machine, AV equipment, printer, scanner and telephone
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal business office environment. Early mornings (7 a.m.) and some evening hours (approximately to 8 p.m.) will be required at various times each month. A reliable car is required to meet with potential members throughout the metro area and to travel to various functions.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com by March 29, 2019.
Salary Range - $70,000-$75,000 per year plus possible year-end bonus