The Metro Denver EDC is hiring!
Join our team as we work to make life and business in Metro Denver even better. If you want to connect with Denver’s top leaders, help market our region, and create an economy that works for everyone, check this out.
GRAPHIC DESIGN & CONTENT MANAGER
Department: Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
Location: Denver, CO
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Brand Strategy
Hours: 40.00 per week
The Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation (Metro Denver EDC), a nonprofit division of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, is Colorado’s leader in economic development. For more than 50 years, the Metro Denver EDC has worked collaboratively with Front Range economic development groups, governments, and the private sector to market the Metro Denver region – bringing new companies, jobs, large-scale projects and prosperity to our community.
So, what does that mean? Think the Amazon HQ2 proposal. VF Corp’s new global headquarters. The Union Station redevelopment. Coors Field. FasTracks. DEN. The Convention Center. These are all projects that the Metro Denver EDC has led over the years, helping the region and Colorado overall to attract great companies and ensure good jobs in our state. Collectively these initiatives help to make Metro Denver an even better place to live and work.
Privately funded and governed by 300 of Colorado’s most engaged companies, the Metro Denver EDC was the nation’s first regional economic development entity. Our partners include 70 cities, counties, and economic development organizations in the nine-county Metro Denver and Northern Colorado region.
The Metro Denver EDC is seeking a creative, innovative and multi-talented marketing and communications professional to support the organization’s brand development and national marketing efforts.
On a macro level, the Graphic Design and Content Manager will help bring the EDC’s marketing and brand strategy to life through owned and paid media targeting corporate executives, site selectors, business leaders, investors, college graduates/job seekers, and the general public. Content will focus on raising awareness of the Metro Denver region’s competitive advantages, telling a more comprehensive story about life and work in our community, promoting the EDC brand and working to drive membership revenue. Beyond promoting Metro Denver, the team also works to market the region’s nine key industry clusters:
o Food & Agriculture including Beverage Production
o Broadcasting & Telecom
o Financial Services
o Healthcare & Wellness
The Graphic Design and Content Manager will help promote these industries as well as the Metro Denver EDC’s coalition groups that advocate on their behalf; the Colorado Space Coalition, the Colorado Resource Council, and the Colorado Investment Services Coalition.
On a micro level, the Graphic Design and Content Manager will help manage the EDC and coalition websites, social media channels, events promotions, and day-to-day mar/comm activities. This could include everything from writing and producing content for owned media channels (e.g., graphics, simple infographics, video on web and social), to concepting, designing and versioning advertising and brand awareness campaigns (e.g., digital and print), to the layout and design of various promotional deliverables (e.g., collateral development, investor presentations, new business pitches, etc.)
This job is an opportunity to work on a range of projects, gain valuable experience in all facets of marketing and communications, and build a remarkable professional network. It will be perfect for someone who is early in their career but motivated to grow quickly. With that in mind, the position requires experience in/knowledge of advertising, branding, marketing, social media, photography, graphic design, video production, and strategic communications. Our ideal Graphic Design and Content Manager is mar/comm rock star, a team player, a quick study and a “Jack/Jill of all trades.”
- Manage the Metro Denver EDC’s websites and social media accounts to promote the Metro Denver region as a leading location for economic development opportunities.
- Work with EDC team and outside vendors to update and optimize the www.MetroDenver.org website, generating increased viewership, new and repeat visitors and more time on site.
- Support external creative teams in executing concepts and extending campaigns through design, versioning and development of collateral.
- Design templates for marketing and promotional materials, such as presentations, event collateral, pitches, sell sheets, reports and proposals. Make updates and prep print files as needed.
- Support investor relations team in communications, sales and account-based marketing initiatives.
- Maintain Metro Denver EDC brand standards.
- Manage cataloging and archiving of mar/comm and creative materials.
- Work with Metro Denver EDC team to write and design timely and relevant content that supports marketing initiatives, promotes investors and improves the organization’s social media presence.
- Write and edit copy used for external economic development and investor relations efforts including speeches, presentations, briefings, and prospecting/sales materials.
- Adhere to the team’s brand, marketing and content strategies and ensure we are on message.
- Elevate attendee experience and increase marketing exposure at Metro Denver EDC events, including Site Selection Conference, Annual Meeting, New Executive Welcome, and other engagements.
- Work with Chamber’s marketing and communications team on shared campaigns and content schedules.
- Assist Metro Denver EDC and Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce staff with event management, officewide initiatives, and other activities as directed by supervisors.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in branding, communications, marketing and/or graphic design. Agency experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to meet and exceed established goals.
- Understanding of economic development and economic development organization’s role in the community.
- Comfortable ideating and executing in all mediums and platforms.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, writing skills.
- Creative eye and diverse portfolio.
- Proficiency in Mac platform and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Video production experience.
- Experience producing digital content for websites, social media, online advertising and email marketing.
- Previous experience working with content management systems.
- Understanding of and experience with digital marketing and social media advertising.
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels of an organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal business office environment. Early mornings (7 a.m.) and some evening hours (approximately to 8 p.m.) will be required at various times each month.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Qualified applicants please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com by 5pm on June 18, 2019.
Salary Range - $50,000-$60,000 per year plus possible year-end bonus