A regional center for world-class healthcare
High demand for healthcare services has resulted in the expansion and construction of several new medical facilities throughout the region.
Fitzsimons Life Science District + Anschutz Medical Campus
The former Fitzsimons Army Medical Center in Aurora was redeveloped into the 578-acre Fitzsimons Life Science District, the nation’s largest scientific and medical-related redevelopment project. Fitzsimons includes the 170-acre Colorado Science + Technology Park.
Adjacent to Fitzsimons is the 227-acre Anschutz Medical Campus, which offers administrative and teaching functions, as well as clinical and research programs. The Anschutz Medical Campus is one of the nation’s top academic medical centers and is the heart of an active complex of laboratories, clinics, hospitals, classrooms, and offices.
Nationally recognized healthcare facilities
The U.S. News and World Report ranks several facilities among the nation’s best:
The University of Colorado Hospital
- Ranked second in pulmonary care with National Jewish Health
- 23rd in cancer care
- 28th in orthopedics
- 32nd in nephrology
- 46th in neurology
- Ranked seventh in rehabilitation
- In top ten nationally for 24th consecutive year
National Jewish Health
- Ranked second in pulmonary care with University of Colorado Hospital
- Number one respiratory hospital for 15 of the past 16 years
The Children’s Hospital
- Ranked seventh in the national honor roll
- Fifth in gastroenterology and pulmonology
- Eighth in diabetes
- Ninth in cancer care, neonatology, and orthopedics