Energetic minds driving an innovation economy
An incubator for smart thinking.
Here, there are no rules, no pedigrees, no barriers. One simple thought pervades Metro Denver: Let the best idea win. The bright and adventurous gravitate here because they can make their mark relatively quickly.
But don’t take our word for it – just examine Colorado's impressive record of competitiveness and entrepreneurial activity:
- A top three state for supporting innovation (U.S. Chamber of Commerce Enterprising States Report, 2013)
- Fourth in country for number of new businesses (U.S. Chamber of Commerce Enterprising States Report, 2013)
- Sixth “Best Place for Business and Careers” (Forbes 2013)
- Seventh best state for business (CNBC, 2013)
- Eighth best tax climate for small businesses and entrepreneurs (Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council, 2013)
- Eighth best city with a population over 500,000 for young entrepreneurs (Under30CEO.com, 2013)
Key initiatives driving the entrepreneurial economy in Metro Denver and Northern Colorado:
- Galvanize offers co-working spaces designed to give entrepreneurs and innovators a community where they can spark ideas and build companies, through the three pillars of capital, community, and curriculum.
- TEDxMileHigh showcases innovative Coloradans, no matter the sector, who each give the ‘talk of their life’ around the power of ideas. This diverse group of thought leaders and innovators educate, inspire, and stimulate change with the ultimate goal being deep discussion and action.
- Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper created the Colorado Innovation Network (COIN) in 2011 to promote collaboration among Colorado's private, public, and academic organizations.
COIN works to:
- stimulate economic growth.
- support innovative business activities.
- establish Colorado as the best state for business.
- help create jobs and attract new businesses.