Energetic minds driving an innovation economy
World-class research universities set the stage for innovation
Colorado's world-class research institutions are leaders for funding and turning out scientific and research talent:
- The University of Colorado System
- Colorado School of Mines
- Colorado State University
Consider these facts:
- University of Colorado Boulder researchers were awarded nearly $437 million in research grants in the 2015-16 fiscal year, continuing a decade’s worth of robust growth in sponsored research funding for the campus.
- Collectively, CU and CSU churn out more than 320 new patent filings annually, each one representing even more economic potential.
- Bioscience, clean technologies, environmental engineering, aerospace, and atmospheric sciences are examples of the major industry sectors that benefit from Colorado’s research universities and federal laboratories.