Metro Denver Aviation Coalition
The Metro Denver Aviation Coalition (MDAC) is an industry affiliate of the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation dedicated to the continued growth and development of Metro Denver's aviation industry. MDAC is an evolution of the former DIA Leadership Committee to reflect an expanded focus that targets three key areas:
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Metro Denver's three reliever airports (Centennial, Front Range, and Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), and the region’s five general aviation airports
- Promoting public policy conducive to the continued growth and success of the region’s aviation industry
MDAC members provide public and private sector advocacy and support in such areas as job growth planning, route expansion and retention, infrastructure development, and airport on site and adjacent development.
MDAC also informs decision makers and the public about the importance of maximizing the economic potential of aviation and Colorado's many assets in this industry.
The Metro Denver Aviation Coalition’s (MDAC) efforts focus on the following initiative areas:
- Support international route expansion.
- Identify and seek opportunities for facilities and airport on-site/adjacent development.
- Provide advocacy and support for access and transportation solutions, including the FasTracks connection to DEN.
- Identify and communicate aviation-related regulatory issues with potential for regional opportunities or impact.
- Provide membership and constituency education for MDAC's mission and activities.
The Metro Denver Aviation Coalition (MDAC) is comprised of a broad spectrum of business leaders from both the private and public sectors, including leadership from Denver International Airport, Centennnial, and Rocky Mountain Metropolitan airports, and Colorado Air and Space Port.
MDAC is chaired by Travis Vallin, Principal at Jviation. Vallin joined Jviation in 2010 and currently serves as Principal. In just over two years, he has been instrumental in expanding the firm’s services in the Rocky Mountain Region. Previously with the Colorado Department of Transportation Aeronautics Division, where he was named to the Aeronautic Director’s position in 1998, Vallin provides an in-depth knowledge on the aviation issues impacting the aviation community. Vallin has more than 19 years of experience managing and supporting complex aviation programs.
Andrea Blankenship is the Vice-Chair of its industry affiliate, the Metro Denver Aviation Coalition.
Blankenship has 20 years of experience in the airline industry and began her career with Lufthansa German Airlines in 1994. During her tenure with Lufthansa, she took on progressive roles such as District Sales Manager in Denver where she led the launch of the Denver to Frankfurt nonstop flight, acting General Manager in Canada, and District Sales Manager in New York City. She is currently working towards her Executive MBA at the University of Denver – Daniels College of Business.
- Metro Denver Aviation Industry Cluster Study
- Denver International Airport Press Kit
- Colorado Division of Aeronautics
Unless noted otherwise, meetings take place at the Metro Denver EDC, 1445 Market Street (Chamber Building).
Metro Denver Aviation meetings are for members and invited guests only. If you are interested in becoming a member, please visit our Investor Center.
The Metro Denver Aviation Coalition is an industry affiliate of the the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation. For more information on Colorado's aviation industry, contact:
Director, Aerospace & Aviation