Hiring: Economic Development Manager
The Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation (Metro Denver EDC), an affiliate of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, is the nation’s first and only truly regional economic development entity in which many areas economic development groups have joined together to represent, and further, the interests of an entire region. Our partners include 70 cities, counties, and economic development organizations in the seven-county Metro Denver and two-county Northern Colorado region.
Job Announcement #2021_28
|Department: Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation|
|Location: Denver, Colorado|
|Reports to: Senior Director of Economic Development & Corporate Attraction and/or President of Economic Development|
|Type: Full-time (1FTE) / 40+ Hours a week|
|Salary: $70,000-$80,000 Annually|
The Economic Development Manager works to advance Metro Denver EDC’s mission of leading and supporting primary job creation opportunities. The primary function of the Economic Development Manager is to support business recruitment, retention, and expansion opportunities for the nine-county Metro Denver territory. This position requires thorough knowledge of economic development programs, incentives and resources, economic trends, industry demographics, and more. Furthermore, the Economic Development Manager will work with state, county, and local economic development organizations and stakeholders to identify and secure projects.
In addition to business recruitment, retention, and expansion functions, the Economic Development Manager will serve as a nimble staff member capable of supporting strategic initiatives surrounding international flight development, investor relations, signature events, internal operations, and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Business Attraction, Retention and Expansion efforts for the following industry clusters:
- Beverage Production
- Broadcasting & Telecom
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Wellness
- Serve as primary support for attraction and investment related leads and projects, from prospecting to project completion, including but not limited to, preparing of proposals and presentations.
- Represent Metro Denver EDC externally and internally as an economic development practitioner and business recruitment leader through the attraction, retention, and expansion of companies.
- Position Metro Denver EDC as the go-to resource for business recruitment, retention and expansion inquiries.
- Provide leadership and direction in advancing and executing Metro Denver EDC’s business attraction, retention and expansion strategy.
- Maintain Metro Denver EDC’s Salesforce CRM system for detailed tracking and reporting of the outcomes on the full portfolio of attraction and investment activities, prospecting and lead generation.
- Cultivate relationships with municipal, county, and state partners.
- Prepare regular economic development updates for communication with Metro Denver EDC stakeholders and investors.
- Serve as expert of state, county, and local incentives, programs and processes to provide effective and efficient customer service to Metro Denver EDC’s clients.
- Maintain regular communication and engagement with state, county, and local economic development partners, industry associations and communities across the region.
- Support for Metro Denver EDC’s signature events including annual Site Selection Conference, Annual Meeting, and other engagements as required.
- Prepare communication briefs and presentations to Senior Staff, Board of Governors, Executive Committee, and/or Economic Development Professionals regarding internal and external performance of Metro Denver EDC.
- Support for Metro Denver EDC’s industry coalitions, as needed.
- Provide project and program support at the direction of the President.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Encouraged
- 2 years of experience in economic development or business development related work
- Experience in prospecting, generating new leads, business attraction, and delivering wins (jobs and investment) to a state, region, city, and/or community.
- Respected reputation among the economic development professionals.
- Experience in corporate relocation.
- Strong communication & relationship-building skills.
- Strong independent work skills with a proven track record of taking initiative and developing relationships with key decision makers within an organization.
- Good communication skills necessary to establish and maintain relationships, strong attention to detail, creativity and motivation to meet and exceed established goals.
- A proven track record of successfully maintaining and developing business and community relationships.
- Willing to travel outside the area for meetings and or conferences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of government and economic development organizations.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM platforms.
Position will be open until filled. To view and download the full job description, click here.
Qualified applicants send a complete application package to include cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com
Please reference EDC Manager in your subject line when applying.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Denver Metro Chamber Benefits Summary
Updated March 2021
DMCC has created a workplace culture that allows our team to focus on doing excellent work, knowing that they have good care. Get a sneak peek below into our caring benefits and perks offered at the Chamber:
We partner with the following carriers:
- Kaiser Permanente Gold HMO or HD Medical Plans
- Rx Coverage
- Delta Dental PPO
- VSP vision care
- Rocky Mountain Reserve / spending accounts
Details of these plans are available upon request.
401k Retirement Benefits
DMCC offers a 401K retirement plan to all benefits-eligible employees, and the best news is that staff can start contributing immediately. Employees become fully vested at the 2-year anniversary of their start date, and DMCC matches 100% of the first 4% of employee contributions.
DMCC knows that taking time away is key to maintaining a healthy and balanced staff. DMCC provides Paid Time Off to staff who work at least 24 hours/week. We also offer up to 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave, paid parental leave, domestic abuse leave, holidays, bereavement leave, jury duty leave and military leave.
DMCC recognizes ten full paid holidays, two half-day holidays and one floating holiday each year.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
DMCC offers Spending Accounts to all regular full-time and regular part-time staff who consistently work at least 24 hours per week. An FSA is a benefit allowing eligible employees to set aside a specific pre-tax dollar amount for unreimbursed medical, dental, vision, and dependent care expenses.
Cell Phone Reimbursement
DMCC reimburses staff to keep us connected via phone. This reimbursement is added to your biweekly paycheck, which means you reap the benefits with ease.
DMCC offers additional benefits to support our staff in unique ways. Providing long-term disability coverage, short term disability coverage, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance for all benefits-eligible staff; we pay 100% of these costs for our staff. We also provide an Employee Assistance Program, Addiction coaching program for staff and families, Life Planning, Financial and Legal Resources, just to note a few.
Because of our commitment to fair, and equitable pay, we are guided by pay transparency. Meaning, we set salary ranges based on competitive market data. Our intent is to be up-front with all candidates about the salary range for their role so candidates can be confident that they are receiving competitive wages.