Counties and cities throughout Metro Denver and Northern Colorado offer incentives based on the individual policies of the local jurisdiction. The type of incentives available to relocating or expanding companies varies by community and may include:
- Personal Property Tax Credits - Cities and counties may elect to exempt up to 100 percent of locally assessed business personal property taxes, per the Save Colorado Jobs Act.
- Waiver of Permit Fees - In addition to expediting the building permit process, cities may choose to waive all or part of various permit fees.
- Local Tax Abatement - Cities may consider waiving or rebating local sales/use taxes for construction materials, personal property, and manufacturing equipment.
- Low Interest Loans - Cities may offer low interest loans or interest rate reductions on a loan for tenant finish costs, equipment, and working capital.
- Training Assistance - Cities may offer additional training assistance for qualified projects.
- Employee Relocation Assistance - Local economic development organizations may offer packages of discounted products and services to assist employees relocating to the metro area.
- Mass Transit - The Regional Transportation District (RTD) has a discounted bus pass program called EcoPass to reduce traffic congestion, encourage bus usage, and reduce parking costs. Also, RTD's Individual Rider Account offers employers and employee payroll tax savings, pre-tax savings, and transit pass discounts.
- Small Business Development Centers - Community-based Small Business Development Centers provide free one-on-one counseling services in the areas of business research and marketing, new business feasibility analysis, business plan preparation, finance packaging, and other small business topics.